Adelaide teenager’s first car bursts into flames minutes after taking delivery
A teenager's joy over buying her first car was short-lived after it caught fire minutes after taking delivery.
A novice 19-year-old driver has been left in a state of disbelief after the used car she just bought burst into flames minutes after taking delivery.
Ms Hajar Yassini, who purchased the pre-owned Mazda 3 sedan on 10 October 2023, claimed she only spent 15 minutes driving the vehicle after purchasing it from a used-car dealership for $5000, according to a report by 7 News.
The report by7 News claimed the dealership was closed a day after the accident was lodged with road and emergency service authorities – with no staff in attendance, the sign pulled down, and the gates locked.
A reporter for 7 News contacted the dealer who claimed the car was sold "in a private capacity" and not through the business.
The unfortunate buyer claimed the man who sold her the vehicle informed her: “The car is good, the engine is fine, everything is good.”
Local media reported the Consumer and Business Affairs Commissioner will investigate the purchase of the faulty Mazda car.
Police said the fire was caused by a mechanical malfunction.
The dealership is yet to make a statement.